13 tips to save on Christmas shopping
Christmas is already behind the corner. Time of celebrations, family meals, Christmas carols and … cost! Many expenses! Between gifts, seafood and going for a walk with the family, it is more than likely that these days our family budget overflows. If your current account already trembles thinking about what is coming, do not worry. Here are 13 tips to save on Christmas shopping :
- Make a special budget for these days. You must include all the special expenses that you will have to face without remedy: food, meals in restaurants, gifts …
- Make a list of the people you have to give a gift to and estimate the average cost per person you can afford. For example, 12 euros per person. Do not spend a single euro of the estimated amount.
- Whenever possible, advance purchases to the month of November . You will save a lot of money if you avoid buying on the most expensive days of the year.
- Keep credit cards in a locked drawer and make all your payments with cash . It is important that you feel like you get rid of money every time you make a purchase. Believe us, you will spend less.
- Do it yourself . Do you dare to make your own gifts or decorations of the house? In addition to recycling and giving a second chance to things that you no longer use, you will save a lot of money and do the environment a favor.
- Compare prices and buy online . If you are a provisor with the times and do the shopping on websites such as Amazon or eBay you can save around 10-20%.
- Avoid the shopping centers . At Christmas, shopping centers are evil. They are designed so that you buy compulsively and you leave half salary in them. Substitute them for a walk in the center of your city.
- Search for free activities in your city. They exist throughout the year but at Christmas they intensify. Check the website of your town hall and you can discover visits with free entry to theaters, exhibitions, cribs …
- Park the car and use public transport . These days the traffic is frantic and between accelerating, braking and not passing of short gears, the fuel consumption goes up. Public transport is cheaper, faster and more efficient.
- Take advantage of the offers of the discount coupons . At Christmas the offers of coupons are intensified and you are sure that you find one that you can use to make a gift to your loved ones.
- If you have to travel , take out the tickets well in advance . In fact, when you read these lines you should have already made the reservation.
- Turn off the Christmas lights when you’re not at home or if it’s daytime. Although it seems a trifle, no expense is small.
- If you are one of those who still send Christmas cards to friends and family, send digital or online cards this year. You will save stamp, letter, time and, in addition, you will be much more original.
Finally, one last tip: if you see that the current account does not reach you, you can not save on Christmas purchases and you need extra money, ask us without commitment. In Vivus we offer you a quick loan of up to 300 euros without interest and without commissions so you spend it on whatever you want. Do not lose this chance!